Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Carl Jung's Theory: Intuitive/Sensing

In my previous blog post, I wrote about the first part of Carl Jung's theory which is introversion and extroversion. Now, we are at the second part of the theory. It tells you how a person processes data. The two terms used to describe this are intuitive and sensing. A person who is intuitive is an abstract thinker. Often times, they read "between the lines". They typically focus on the future and the possibilities it beholds. Usually, an intuitive person likes to think a problem through rather than actually working on it right away. To solve a problem, they try to figure out what works best by thinking of different solutions. They like to work with new problems. Typically, they like to see the big picture and then the details. This can be good, however sometimes it can turn out to be a bad thing. This is because intuitive people sometimes focus so much on the possibilities that they forget to try to make it a reality. While, people that prefer sensing are the opposite. Those people look at things in a literal way by using their five senses of hearing, looking, feeling, touching, and smelling. They focus more on the facts, and then the big picture. At times, this could be a bad thing, because by focusing too much on the facts, they might miss out on new opportunities that await them. Additionally, they are a pragmatic, and trust experience more. Based off of my test results, I am an intuitive person. I am more theoretical. Often times in whatever I do, I usually think creatively. I feel that life would be boring, if there was no creativity. Sometimes, when I have to do a group project, my ideas come out to be far-fetched. I have got try my best to think of ideas that can actually come true. Sometimes, this can be difficult. Usually, when I have an idea that I really like out of my many other ideas, I want to start right away. Lately, I've been doing better in being slightly more realistic in my proposed solutions for problems. I have a friend who completely prefers sensing. She notices details and is more aware of her surroundings than I am. However, sometimes she uses her past experiences to solve problems. The issue with that is the solution to previous problems might not work again. Overall, I've noticed that intuitive people and those who have a preference for sensing can help each other out. The pros and cons of each type can balance if they work together cooperatively. In next post, I plan on describing the third part of Jung's theory.
Although those who are intuitive feel that they
can solve wider problems, they often fail to
realize the reality. On the other hand, sensors
are pragmatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment