Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Carl Jung's Theory: Thinking/Feeling

In my previous post, I wrote about the Jung's belief on the way we sense things. In Jung's third part of his theory, he refers to how people make decisions. He uses the words thinking and feeling. A thinker    is a person who makes his or her judgements based on facts rather than their heart. These type of people tend to be logical, rational, critical and desire the truth. They are known to be thick-skinned, firm with people, and fair whether they like it or not. Sometimes, they might be viewed as being cold.  Many people believe that speaking with a thinker is brief and business-like. Perhaps, this is because thinkers tend to be task-oriented. While, feelers are the opposite. Feelers make their judgements based on their heart and their feelings. Feelers are emotion based. They are gentle, yet they care for others. They are perceived as being warm. Personally, I am a thinker. I like to hear and speak the truth most of the time. However, a vast majority of my friends and family are feelers. This is why I have to try to be careful with what I say. I  am candid. Yet, at times the truth can hurt. In my next post, I hope to continue with Jung's theory by explaining the final part of his theory.
A thinker like me would say the top phrase
rather than the bottom one.

No comments:

Post a Comment