Friday, October 18, 2013

My Research

Just recently, I've started to look for sources other than the Internet. At the library, I found several books regarding Jung's theory. The book that I felt was the best was Jung's Map of the Soul by Murray Stein. The book is concise and interesting. I'm amazed at how well Jung studied the concept of ego and consciousness. According to the book,  Jung believes, "the ego forms the critical center of consciousness and in fact determines to a large extent which contents remain within the realm of consciousness and which ones drop away into the unconscious" (Stein 18). Based on this information, it shows how determined Jung was to unlock the mysteries of the world of psychology. Jung may have formed his six personality types theory off of this knowledge. Overall, this book is splendid. I recommend this book to everyone interested in learning more about Jung.

No comments:

Post a Comment